My attempt to create a story that goes along with my family tree.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Meinz Graves

I wasn't able to find some of the Meinz graves on find a grave, but I realized I had some pictures saved.




I don't know who took the pictures above, but the graves are in St. Joseph's Cemetery, Waite Park, Minnesota. I don't have a picture of  Nora's grave.

The following were posted on findagrave.com:
They are not my pictures.
St James Cemetery, Jacob's Prairie Minnesota


Peter and Theresa's stone

Peter Meinz's stone. He died in 1901. Notice the veteran star.

Jacob Becker's grave. From findagrave.com. The pictures are not mine.
He was the father of Josephine, Peter F. Meinz's first wife. He is buried in Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church Cemetery in Richmond, Minnesota.


A close up of the inscription on Jacob's gravestone in German. I would love a translation of this.

As far as I can tell, this is what it says:
Ihr hast dein
lagewerkeen
?
?
?
?
Leben ist geendet
Bis dich der Herr
zur Auferstehung
ruft

Translation:
you have your
? worked
?
?
?
?
?
Life is finished
to(for?) you the Lord
to resurrection
calls

No comments:

Post a Comment